A utility trailer offers many uses. Whether you're considering building your own utility trailer for personal use or business use, you may be surprised at the many ways you can use your utility trailer.
Investing in a trailer can save you the cost of hiring someone to move heavy materials or equipment for you. Also, your buddy with a pickup or a trailer of his own will be relieved that you don’t have to bribe him with beer to do a job anymore!
If you're considering building a utility trailer, you should know what you can use it for. Here are some of the most common uses and some not so common uses for utility trailers.
Common Uses for Utility TrailersYou may already be familiar with some of these utility trailers uses. Some of the most common uses for utility trailers include:
- Moving vehicles - you may need to move an inoperable car or truck, or transport a vehicle when you don't have a second driver. Some utility trailers can be used to move vehicles, as long as you have the right size trailer.
- For Boats - The right type of utility trailer is necessary, but some can be used to get a boat into and out of the water.
- Landscaping Equipment - One of the most common uses for utility trailers is moving landscaping equipment and tools. Landscaping companies can build a utility trailer to move all the necessary tools, equipment, and supplies to the job site.
- Construction Supplies - If you run a construction company, the right utility trailer will allow you to move necessary supplies. Whether you need to move roofing shingles, wood, cement, or any other supplies, you can use a utility trailer.
- Motorcycles, Bikes, and ATVs - Hauling ATVs, motorcycles, and bikes can easily be done with a utility trailer.
Not So Common Uses for Utility TrailersHere are a few possible uses you may not have considered.
- Moving Trash - Sometimes you need to move trash from one place to another. While many utility trailer owners may not buy the trailer for this purpose, it can be used to move trash or debris to the junkyard.
- Move Animals - You need an enclosed utility trailer to move animals, but the right trailer can be used to haul livestock.
- Move to a New House - Why rent a moving truck when a utility trailer you already own will do the trick? An enclosed utility trailer is best, but even an open trailer can be used to move furniture, appliances, and other items.
- For Your Auction/Flea Market Haul - Maybe you buy items from auctions or flea markets to resell. If you have a utility trailer, you can easily buy more items and move them without worrying about the capacity issue of your car or truck.