Having the right lights on your trailer is more than just a legal requirement - it's a big safety feature. If your trailer lights are up to snuff, you'll have a smooth ride, and other drivers will know your intentions on the road. In this post, we’ll share the importance of good trailer lights, introduce you to some of our best light kits, and guide you on how to install them.
Why Bother With Quality Trailer Lights?
Trailer lights tell other drivers what you're up to. They show your trailer’s size, position, and whether you’re turning or stopping. Good lights are bright and work in all weather, making sure you're seen day and night.
Check Out Our Featured Trailer Light Kits
At The Trailer Parts Outlet, we’ve got a variety of light kits to fit different trailers. Here are a few options:
This kit is simple, reliable, and gets the job done. It’s perfect if you want something straightforward.
If you're looking for something modern and long-lasting, this LED light kit is the way to go.
Got a gooseneck trailer? This kit is made just for you, blending a traditional look with modern LED lights.
How to Put Your New Lights On
Getting your new lights on is a simple process. Here's a step-by-step:
- Open Up Your Kit: Take out your new lights and lay them out so you can see what you have.
- Take Off Old Lights: If you're replacing old lights, take them off carefully.
- Mounting the Lights: Use the mounting bolts, nuts, and grommets to attach the new lights.
- Hook Up the Wires: Follow the instructions in your kit to connect the wires.
- Test Them Out: Before you hit the road, turn on your lights to make sure they’re working right.
Tools You’ll Need:
- Wire strippers
- Electrical tape or connectors
- Multimeter for testing connections
Got Questions? We’ve Got Answers
Can I swap my old lights for LED lights?
- Absolutely! LED lights last longer and are a great upgrade.
What’s a breakaway kit?
- A breakaway kit helps stop your trailer if it gets detached while driving - a big safety feature!
How do I know if my lights are working?
- Always test your lights before you hit the road. Regular checks will keep you safe.
Good trailer lights are a must-have for safe and legal driving. Our lights and electrical collection at The Trailer Parts Outlet offers easy-to-install kits that will keep your trailer visible on the road. Check them out and light up your trailer adventure!