If you are needing something faster call one of our trailer parts experts to see if the axle you need is in stock. In stock items may be sold for a discounted price.
If available, have your purchase sent to a commercial business address as this will be delivered on a freight truck. Extra charges apply going to a residential address.
This is a completely custom guide to building your own Dexter drop axle. Drop axles are typically used on cargo, livestock, horse and some equipment trailers. They provide a lower deck height to make it easier for loading your trailer. Unless specified drop axles come with a standard 4" drop.
All trailers axles are designed to operate within a certain minimum and maximum difference between the hubface and spring center. Below are the differences allowed to keep the axle rated at the capacity specified.
- 2k - Minimum: 15.25" / Maximum: 23.5"
- 3.5k - Minimum: 14" / Maximum: 18"
- 3.5k 3" Tube - Minimum: 14" / Maximum: 23"
- 6k - Minimum: 15.75" / Maximum: 17.5"
- 7k - Minimum: 16" / Maximum: 18"
- 8k - Minimum: 18" / Maximum: 19"
*Drop axles are recommended to be equipped with Nev-R-Adjust brakes due to difficulty in adjusting them with the drop spindle.*
There are NO RETURNS on this item, and you submitting your order is confirmation of such.
If you have any questions, please call the office at (833) 416-9400. The trailer parts expert can then help you through the ordering process.
The Dexter Axle Difference
- Premium Dexter Trailer Axle 5 Year Warranty
- #1 Selling Trailer Axle Brand
- Detailed Product & Service Literature
- Durable, weather resistant components
- CSA Certified Brakes
- Readily available parts nationally
- Precision Machines spindles and castings
- ISO 9001 Certified
- 50 Million+ Axles installed on Trailers over the past 50 years
- Replaces Rockwell American, Lippert, Hayes, and AL-KO axles